Thursday, April 07, 2005

"I LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER.....

OOOOW! BOSTON, YOU'RE MY HOME!"


the Boston skyline
Posted by Hello

I'm a Yankee. Born and raised in Massachusetts for 33 years. My father, grandfather, great-grandfather all raised families there ( after coming over from Italy. ) I may live in Austin, Texas now, but I will never forget my New England roots. BAH-STIN. WISTAH. It's where I'm from. Plus, I've only lived here for 3 years so far. I'm a "green Texan". A "wet behind the ears" Austinite, if you will.

I CAN'T forget my Yankee roots. They'd beat the crap out of me if I did. That's the thing about New Englanders. Pretty die-hard folk that would kick the shit out of you one minute, then give you the shirt off their back the next ( to help you wipe up the blood. ) You gotta love that. From blue blood to blue collar, they take pride in their frostiness as well as their willingness to make you their pal ( as long as a free beer is involved. )

Since I live in the "Live Music Capital Of The World" now - you'd think my tastes would instantly jump towards all that was fresh, new and inviting in the music scene of Austin.
Nope. Nada. Well, let me clarify that. I think there are MANY great bands here. But my heart
always stays loyal to the bands of my 20's. The bands that I drank with, grew up with, partied
with, rocked out with, toured with, loved and fought with ( some I knew "more" than others - if you catch my drift. Musician boyfriends aren't always a blast. ) Doesn't matter if the band has split up ( 90% of them have ) - this is the music that helped form the "rock chick" I am today. I still listen to their now out of print cd's. I still think back to that particular show at Bunratty's or The Rat. Their first downstairs headlining show at the Middle East. My friends. My rocker posse. And while it might be biased ( since I knew many of them personally and not just in a "fan" way ) I think some of these bands were AMAZING. If not that, just a shitload of fun.

These are some of the bands ( some I can easily say I've seen more than 25 times ) that rocked me, moved me, thrashed me, et cetera....hope you like them as much I as do.

La Gritona - Tony Alamo
Scissorfight - The Ballad of Jacco Macacco
Guerrero - Chedco
Spore - She Makes Me Feel Violent
Roadsaw - Not Today
Honkeyball - Kemosabi
Stompbox - Chevy S10
6L6 - Yeah Right
Tree - Not Afraid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home