Monday, June 20, 2005

A God turns 45


John Taylor ( Duran Duran ) - 1981. A mere 19 years old. And gorgeous.
Posted by
Hello

Today is John Taylor of Duran Duran's 45th birthday.
To think that I remember celebrating ( with a fucking CAKE even ) his 25th birthday totally blows my mind. Aaaaah, the memories. The love I had for the guy. The obsession. The LUST.
I mean, it's still there - but it's mellowed. I'm not the hysterical 16 year old anymore.

*swoon*

I love his early look. The "New Romantic" frilly burgundy pasty lanky Brit boy.

Happy Birthday to you, NIGEL ( hehheh...his real first name ) Any "Duranies" reading this are like "Duuuuuh? We know!! Puh-leeease!"

But, did you know ( or remember ) that he was born at Sorrento Maternity Hospital ( outside of Birmingham, England - near Hollywood) and that he weighed 6 lbs 12 oz?

Wow, that's kinda scary.
Here are some tunes to pay homage to my man, JT.

Duran Duran -New Religion.mp3
Duran Duran - All She Wants Is.mp3
Duran Duran - Come Undone.mp3
Duran Duran - Anyone Out There.mp3
Duran Duran - Planet Earth.mp3

I wish I had an mp3 of "I Do What I Do" ( by John himself from the '9 1/2 Weeks' stdk ) - as well as any of his Terroristen/Neurotic Outsiders or solo stuff. I have them, just not in a format I can use on here!






2 Comments:

Blogger evan said...

wow, a whole bunch of DD I never heard...You got a great blog goin' here. Wanna link to each other?

5:33 PM  
Blogger Jilabel said...

Thanks!
And yes, I will add you to my link spot!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home