Monday, June 06, 2005

Thank you for coming back.....

the best fucking show on earth
Posted by Hello

....BUT HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME!!

I'm having some issues over the return of Six Feet Under. Tonight is the season premiere of Season 5. I've been waiting MONTHS for this. I am counting the hours until it comes on this evening. So, you could say I am very happy.

But, I'm not just happy. I'm also groaning in agony because this is going to be it's LAST SEASON. Fini. Adios. No more. Not gonna re-appear in 6 months. It's GONE. Done. And it's killing me.

I'm sure you are thinking, "Jill. Get a grip. It's a goddamn TV show."

But, I looooooooved this show. Never has a show touched me on so many levels as Six Feet Under. It's thought provoking, spiritual, clever, disturbing, sweet, sexy, upsetting. It's probably the most REAL show I've ever seen. You fall in love with these characters. Their fuck ups and complexities. The chemistry between David and Keith. Ruth and her gentle sincerity. Claire and her desperation for truth, art, and love. Nate's confusion. Brenda's power.

I bow to the creators of Six Feet Under, for making a show so magical. While I agree that a show should stop when it's still intense, and not when it's 3 seasons tired and burnt - it doesn't make it any easier on me to know that it won't be there anymore.

Everything about this show is amazing. From the music, to the storyline, to the cinematography, to the acting. I could ramble on for hours about my favorite moments on the show. The ones that made me cry, cringe, or crack up. But, I'm gonna end this post with a song that was played in Episode 45: "Terror Starts At Home" from Season 4.

Thank you, Six Feet Under.

When your time comes, may you rest in peace.

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home