Thursday, July 14, 2005

Anger is an energy! Anger is an energy!


Johnny Lydon, sans spots.
Posted by
Picasa
The Independant Film Channel ( aka IFC ) has been celebrating "Punk Month" by showing lots of old school punk documentaries ( The Filth and The Fury ) and various punk-inspired movies ( SLC Punk!, Sid & Nancy ) - so of course The Sex Pistols are discussed quite a bit ( and I'm a Pistols fan ) which in turn gets me to thinking about Public Image Limited ( aka PIL ) and it makes me say "Damn. They were good." ( phew...what a rambling sentence.... )
For those that don't know, PIL was the band Johnny (Rotten) Lydon formed after the crumbling of the Sex Pistols. I don't really want to get into a lengthy bio of the band. Feeling too lazy for that at the moment. I just want to say that they have A LOT of great albums and some really memorable, rocking songs. That's all.
And here are a few of them!
If this stuff new to you - look them up and find out more!

1 Comments:

Blogger homercat said...

Homercat says this is a most excellent post. I liked PIL better than the Pistols. Good choices.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home