Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mama got a new set o' wheels


That's a fiiiiine automobile...
Posted by
Picasa

Okay, that's NOT the car that we got ( but damn, that's pretty sweet, huh? ) I imagine Prince or Barney driving around in that thing.

We got ourselves a 2004 Toyota Corolla S ( the sporty sedan ) in dark metallic gray.
In a word: it's FABULOUS!!!

I have never owned a nice car. A new car. Mine have always been a couple steps past "running", and that's it. They've been about 10 years old, and what most folks affectionately called a beater. When my husband and I got married, I also married into his vehicle - the Toyota 4Runner. Now, this is a TROOPER of a vehicle. It's got 200k on it now ( engine has 125k ) and it's stiiiiiiiill going. Gotta appreciate that. But, it too is now 11 years old ( 94 ) and I didn't even start to drive it until it already had 5 years under it's belt.

But now....we have the SMOOOOOOOOOTH driving 2004 Toyota Corolla.
It's so nice. Sleek. Dependable. Not a gas guzzler. I'm giddy over it, and I'm totally not a "CAR GIRL". I took it on a 60 mile ( to and from ) roadtrip today just so I could enjoy how comfortable and quiet it is. I heart you, Corolla.

I know - not the best comeback post - but it's valid.
Got some good "car inspired" tunes for y'all to enjoy though!!

Depeche Mode - Behind The Wheel.mp3
Melissa Etheridge w/ kd lang - Sleep While I Drive (live).mp3
Gary Numan - Cars.mp3
Audioslave - Gasoline.mp3
The Clash - Brand New Cadillac.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home