Monday, July 18, 2005

BOW WOW WOW Yippy Yo Yippy Yay


Australian Cattle Dog puppy = aaaaaw!
Posted by
Picasa

Well, I made my obiligatory blog post about my cats - giving them praise and what for. But mostly, I did it so I wouldn't feel guilty about THIS post ( which I had been planning. )

I'm a dog girl! Love them! More than cats. Way more. Dogs rule! All about the dogs!!

I've graduated from a dog grooming school. I watch Westminster every year with a pad and paper, listing my favorties and doing my own judging from the couch ( and any other dog show I can find on tv. ) I've helped out with a Texas Dog Walk for the past 2 years ( mc'ing this year. ) I've attended small dog shows, I try to catch Fly Ball challenges on ESPN2.
I LOOOOOVE DOGS!!!!!


I grew up never owning a dog ( small apartment, landlord didn't allow. ) so I always took a fancy to my friend's dogs. I never actually "owned" ( in this case, "co-owned" ) a dog until I was 25. A rottweiller. A wonderful experience. And unfortunately, with 3 crazy cats - a 3 year old son - and another baby on the way....we won't be getting a dog in this house any time soon. But trust me on this, we WILL have dogs. We WIIIIILL get dogs some day. Luckily, my husband is also a dog lover. We discuss our future dogs pets. We take joy on our family member's dogs. There is something about a dog. I relate to them. I feel like I understand them. I know some people that had bad dog experiences as a kid, and it's made them timid and skeptical around them. I was attacked viciously by a dog on our street, but it never stopped me from loving them and wanting to own a flock. WOMAN'S best friend.

Do I love ALL dogs? Yes and no. I mean, I'm a lover of the dog, per se. But, not every breed floats my boat. I'm not too big on the ankle biters, except for Chihuahuas. I don't care for the foofee poofee yapping hairballs ( that would look like a dustmop if you put a pole in it's butt. ) Shih Tzu's, Lhasa Apsos, Pekingnese, etc etc. Yes, I have met some GREAT dogs of those particular breeds...but, they don't do it for me.
And while it's hard for me to pick a TOP 5 - I'm gonna try to right here:

MY TOP 5 FAVORITE DOG BREEDS:
1. Australian Cattle Dog ( who is pictured up top )
2. Greyhound
3. French Bulldog
4. Carolina Dog
5. Coon Hound

Okay, I would probably add another 5 more breeds in there - but I'll stick to those. My husband loves German Shepherds ( I do too. ) My mother in law owns a beautiful and sweet Great Pyrenees ( love them too. ) Rhodesian Ridgebacks are great. Scottish Wolfhounds. Belgian Malinois. Great Danes. Welsh Corgis. German Shorthaired Pointers.....see? It's hard! But, I will say this: I USED to like Cocker Spaniels. That is, until I started grooming them. I quickly learned how UN-CUTE and NASTY these little things can be. I've met more that were evil than friendly, and it turned me off on the breed. Same with Airdale Terriers ( one of the owners of the school had 6 insane ones that she would bring in and they would bark ALL day and terrorize the other doggie patrons. ) So, I'm totally over them. I could ramble on and on about dogs...but I'll stop here.

If you have a dog, give them a big hug for me.
Adam & The Ants - Dog Eat Dog.mp3
George Clinton - Atomic Dog.mp3
AC/DC - Givin' The Dog A Bone.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home